MATS FOR STUDS
Agroflex was developed to ensure the safety of animals and to make it easier for stable owners to care for their animals. They are essential equipment for modern breeding facilities. They will work well as surfaces for horses, ponies, donkeys or cow beds.
Colour: Black / Red / Green / Grey
Agroflex are rubber plates from 20 to 45 mm thick, which are perfect for stud farms and riding schools. Agroflex was developed to ensure the safety of animals and to make it easier for stable owners to care for their animals. They are essential equipment for modern breeding facilities. They will work well as surfaces for horses, ponies, donkeys or cow beds.
Why is rubber paving suitable for animals?
- rubber surface in the stable cushions the animal’s joints (horses sleep standing up, so their joints are constantly loaded with body weight)
- thanks to porous structure of the plates the surface is anti-slip – R10 anti-slip class
- smooth, large-size plates (100 x 100 cm) reduce the risk of falls, the risk of creating indentations into which the animal’s foot could fall is minimized to zero
- Agroflex mats provide excellent thermal insulation (they separate from cold or heated ground) and acoustic insulation (they muffle hoof beats and all vibrations), which affects the comfort of animals
- the construction of the surface ensures the drainage of moisture (including urine)
- influences on the high comfort of animals – slightly elastic rubber surface resembles the steppe floor, i. e. natural environment of horses
Why is rubber flooring a good solution for livestock producers?
- box mats are made of rubber granules, which are resistant to high loads, so they are not quickly damaged (even by shod hooves)
- thanks to them the air in the whole facility will be much cleaner – we recommend organizing boxes in such a way that most of the space is a rubber surface for resting for the animal, and only part of it is bedding that serves as a toilet
- less litter means lower costs, less contamination and therefore less cleaning time and disposal obligations
- Agroflex rubber flooring for stables is very easy to maintain – sweeping and washing with water and commonly used products will be sufficient and will not cause damage
- rubber mats are frost and UV resistant, which means they work well in open sheds or horse wash facilities
- easy assembly and quick disassembly (if necessary the mats can be moved to another place)
A rubber surface for the stables is an investment!
Mats are durable, so the stables do not require frequent repairs and renovations, which is sometimes necessary when keeping large animals. Choosing a surface made of rubber granules is a guarantee of high durability of the ground. The use of Agroflex makes it possible to cover only part of the cubicle with bedding. This significantly reduces costs, time spent on cleaning and improves working conditions for owners and employees of livestock facilities. Due to the fact that bedding is dusty and harmful to human and animal health (can cause respiratory diseases) – the use of rubber pavement in studs is also a good step towards the health of owners and employees.
COLOURS OF PLATES
AGROFLEX rubber mats are available in 4 colours – black, red, green, grey. The matte colour is durable, it does not rub off or fade over many years.
- The surface of rubber mats should be laid on a concrete foundation (on a self-leveling screed). Floors (panels, carpet) are also acceptable, provided the surface is even, hard and forms a uniform layer
- The substrate should be cleaned before laying (rubbish, crushed concrete, etc. must absolutely be removed completely before installing the panels)
- The mats should not be laid at temperatures above 25°C and below 5°C
- The mats have two sides – the top one (bevelled) and the bottom one (smooth)
- The individual mats are connected to each other in an adjacent or interleaved arrangement
- Start laying the mats from the wall itself and work towards the opposite side. The spreading of the first and second rows is very important to ensure accuracy and no gaps in subsequent rows of the installation
- Due to the firm fit of the individual edges, do not be discouraged by initial unevenness after laying – after a short time the whole structure will even out (granules / rubber is a material that adapts and changes its properties under the influence of temperature)
- Any cutting (at walls, pillars) is always done by the customer himself
- To cut the mats, use a sharp knife and make 2-3 deep cuts (the strip along which you cut may be helpful). In order to facilitate this process, a second strip can be placed under the cut mat (after the first cut) to bulge the mat and facilitate cutting
Detailed installation description can be found in the FITTING INSTRUCTIONS (download in PDF).